Clinical Review Pharmacy Technician Manager
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
SmithRx is looking for a motivated team manager to lead a team of prior authorization technicians. This role is pivotal in driving daily performance of the prior authorization team by ensuring high quality reviews, adhering to turnaround times, and delivering exceptional member experiences. Your primary focus will be the coaching and mentoring of your team as well as drive performance through the measurement of key performance indicators.
What will you do:
- Directly manage, coach, and mentor a team of prior authorization technicians
- Recruit and hire new team members
- Lead training and onboarding for all new team members
- Provide day-to-day supervision, support, and escalation path for pharmacy technicians on your team
- Manage team to meet target KPIs associated with our operating model
- Ensure efficient allocation of operations center resources and maintain high performance standards
- Identify and drive areas for operational process improvements to support scale
- Cross-functional collaboration with other departments including troubleshooting eligibility questions, claims adjudication, and benefit designs
- Motivates technician growth and performance through coaching interactions
- Execute daily performance deliverables
- Drive quality provider and member experiences by ensuring policy and procedures are adhered to
- Track technician attendance to drive consistent capacity
- Ensure prior authorization turnaround times are met
- Responsible for execution of goals, and objectives of the team.
- Identify current process gaps and solve them using technology, process and people.
- When new technology is delivered service as a change champion and improve processes to scale the business and drive efficiencies
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- 5+ years of health plan or pharmacy benefit manager experience, specifically involved in prior authorization review
- 3-5+ years of management experience
- Proficiency in Mac, MS Office, G-Suite required
- Active listening, conversational speaking skills, with a high degree of empathy
- Self-starter with ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly, present complex information to members, clients, pharmacies, providers, and other teams internally
- Ability to work accurately within protocols and follow appropriate escalation pathways for unique situations or where clarification is needed.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes and updates to processes and protocols
- Demonstrate accurate drug product/dose calculations for appropriate claim adjudication and knowledge of general pharmacy and drug product information for the prescription filling process
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Certified Pharmacy technician required
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Total Rewards package that includes incentive bonus and stock options
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities