Clinical Account Manager
The Customer Success Team is focused on helping SmithRx’s clients derive the full value of their PBM services. We build and manage effective relationships with our customers’ operational leadership, communicating the value of our services in the context of customers’ business goals with the goal of retaining high-performing, satisfied customers. We identify risks to client satisfaction proactively and collaborate across product and operational lines to tenaciously pursue solutions and advocate for our clients.
As a Clinical Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the complete post-sale success and satisfaction of SmithRx customers via pharmacy benefit analysis and clinical consultation delivery. You will bring strong industry and product knowledge and serve as a trusted advisor and business partner for clinical pharmacy services for your client’s operational leadership. The role provides clinical support and enablement for SmithRx account management, clinical operations, and other internal departments. This individual is relied upon to provide proactive clinical recommendations and information regarding pharmacy trends, programs, and industry changes to clients and to foster consultative relationships.
What will you do:
- Collaborates with clients and account managers to provide clinical expertise, including insights on drug spend and utilization, clinical management strategies, medication alternatives, and formulary compliance.
- Provides superior clinical consultation and clinical account management with a focus on client satisfaction, client retention, and trend management.
- Analyzes claims data to identify trends and cost savings opportunities.
- Comprehends and effectively explains formulary and clinical program's value proposition to clients.
- Supports communications of formulary changes and program updates for internal and external partners.
- Recommends clinical programs for clients to provide cost savings to clients and members.
- Stays current with market trends and provides clinical market intelligence to clients
- Communicates drug information to clients and responds to plan-specific clinical inquiries
- Creates and updates clinical marketing materials.
- Collaborates with and provides guidance to account management on clinical aspects of client quarterly reviews (QBRs) – quarterly spend, trends, benchmark updates for pharmacy benefits
- Able to incorporate treatment and practice guidelines into client presentations, including up-selling opportunities
- Analyzes data and interprets drug benefit designs. Clearly communicates analytical and reporting needs to supporting departments
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor’s and Advanced Degree in Pharmacy, RPh or Pharm D
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license (any state)
- 5+ years of experience working as a licensed pharmacist
- 3+ years of working knowledge of healthcare benefits, account management, pharmacy benefits, or commercial health insurance preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in a client-facing role with external clients (beyond patients and prescribers) required
- Executive-level communication (including developing & delivering formal presentations) and interpersonal skills required
- A passion for the customer experience and customer satisfaction
- Dedicated to solving difficult problems together in collaboration with the broader team
- Self-driven, results-oriented work ethic with a positive outlook
- Ability to take the initiative with little to no direction
- Empathic communicator with a consultative approach, able to see things from another person's point of view
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities