Pharmacist, Patient Access Programs
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
As a part of the Patient Access Programs team, the Patient Access Programs Pharmacist will help with clinical decision making related to the inter-related cost-saving program requirements and prior authorization/medical necessity related to the group benefit design.
What you will do:
- Serve as a clinical subject matter expert to support Patient Access program teams
- Maintain open lines of communication with other functional areas within SmithRx
- Provide effective communication of SmithRx’s vision, mission, values and goals
- Participate in multi-departmental meetings and committees to accomplish projects
- Reviews new products and formulary strategies with consideration of savings programs in the market.
- Analyzes claims data to identify trends and cost savings opportunities.
- Evaluates drugs and clinical impact to provide recommendations related to overrides, grandfathering, and grace fills as they impact savings program enrollments
- Provide clinical training forPatient Access team members
- Collaborate with pharmacists as part of the P&T process
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD required
- 2+ years of experience in clinical pharmacy and managed care; or residency-trained in clinical pharmacy and managed care.
- Strong clinical skills with the ability to apply sound clinical judgment to a variety of complex situations
- Proficiency in drug literature and clinical trial evaluation, including electronic databases such as Micromedex, Medline, and UptoDate
- Emphasis on problem solving skills, including identifying and accepting a challenging situation and proposing a solution
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint including tables, charts and figures preferred
- Thorough clinical knowledge and credibility regarding therapeutic use of drugs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and deliver in a demanding and constantly changing corporate environment.
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Discretionary Time Off
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities