Manager, Plan Operations
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. We are backed by leading investors and growing rapidly.
We pride ourselves on our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
The Customer Success organization helps SmithRx’s clients derive the full value of their PBM services. We build and manage effective relationships with customers’ operational leadership, communicating the value of our services in the context of customers’ business objectives with the goal of retaining high performing, satisfied customers. We identify risks to client satisfaction proactively and collaborate across product and operational lines to tenaciously pursue solutions and advocate for our clients.
As the Manager of the Plan Operations team, you will lead a high caliber team of operation associates responsible for the delivery of the SmithRx pharmacy benefit product to our broad set of plan members. You will bring strong industry and product knowledge and serve as a trusted advisor and business partner for our client’s leadership. This position will report to SmithRx’s Director, Plan Operations.
What you will do:
- Lead the day-to-day activities surrounding the delivery of our pharmacy benefit product, including eligibility support, accumulator workflows, system support, and quality assurance.
- Support the successful delivery of SmithRx products to our members. This includes working closely with our Customer Success and Implementation teams to ensure new plan implementations are completed on time and existing plan changes are supported.
- Consistently push for process improvements and new efficiencies within our operations. Anticipate future challenges and needs, and successfully manage change by leading process development and improvement. Maintain operational success metrics and adjust course as necessary to meet company efficiency goals.
- Harness the resources available within the operations team and cross-functionally to manage critical member issues to completion.
- Serve as a critical business partner to the customer success, implementation, and clinical teams. Coordinate and collaborate with resources across other adjacent organizations, including engineering, product, strategy, and finance. Maintain strong and open lines of communication with other leaders at the company.
- Directly manage a team of operations associates. Hiring team members, managing performance and tasks as appropriate to ensure the resources within this organization are deployed properly and on the most mission-critical items for the SmithRx business.
- Actively coach, mentor, and support career development aspirations of the individual contributors within the Plan Operations organization.
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Requires 4+ years of direct managerial experience
- Requires 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with electronic data interchange (EDI) processes and standards
- Previous experience within healthcare, pharmacy benefits management (PBM) preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Robust analytical skills; advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- SQL experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solutions-oriented problem solver driven by resting operational efficiencies
- Execution-focused ethos - you are a solutions-oriented problem solver and efficiency driven
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to respond under the pressure of a fast-paced technology company