Call Center Trainer
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
SmithRx is looking for a highly motivated, high-energy Member Support Trainer. This role will be instrumental in the design, development and delivery of training programs for the customer service teams. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining relevant learning materials for the call center team to aid in ongoing learning and development of critical knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). The MS Trainer is responsible for New Hire Training, additional cross-training, product or refresher training etc. as determined by business needs.
Our ideal candidate has experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning. Experience with on-boarding new employees, strong customer service, and soft-skills development, is also essential. If you can think of and design engaging ways to train our employees, we’d like to meet you.
What you will do:
- Design and develop curriculum, and deliver training in systems use (e.g., Salesforce, TalkDesk, Portal, etc.,), workflows, protocols, organizational policies, customer service, proper call handling techniques, and call center operations.
- Design and deliver training curriculum and learning plans to ensure performance and learning objectives are met.
- Conduct department-wide training needs assessment and coordinate with the Operations/ QA teams to identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Develop training materials including PowerPoint presentations, videos, hand-outs, scenarios, exercises, and other documents to facilitate training both in-class and remote forums.
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g., simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, nesting professional development classes)
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Provide post-training feedback and coaching as necessary.
- Communicate trainee performance to managers.
- Develop job aids and reference materials. Confluence should be regularly updated to stay current with business needs.
- Participate with the QA Team in call calibrations.
- Support call center agents on production floor as needed
- Build and maintain knowledge of training best practices.
- Use known education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree or trainer certification preferred
- 2+ years experience in a customer service or call center required
- 5+ years experience delivering training in large classroom environments in a call center setting required; in both a classroom and virtual (video) environment. Preferred experience working in health care or PBM or information technology industries.
- Experience in the different adult learning styles, ensuring facilitation and content is catered to each learner as much as possible
- Out of the box thinking and creativity to find unique, attention-grabbing methods of presenting material to keep the audience engaged.
- Experience in curriculum development process including analysis, instructional design, developing outlines, learning objectives, materials, and training needs assessments
- Empathetic approach to training; you have an ability to see things from the learners’ point of view, enabling you to find engaging approaches to deliver training/content.
- Ability to communicate complex training content to participants, answer questions, and ensure understanding
- Ability to deliver classroom, online (Google Meeting), or one-on-one training
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Apple Computing Products
- Flexibility: your ability and desire to explore different ways of reaching people and learn new techniques to help keep training exciting and engaging.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
What SmithRx offers You:
- Competitive pay, including stock options
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance. SmithRx pays up to 90% for you and your family
- Discretionary time off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Generous Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development, training and career growth opportunities
- Well stocked kitchen