Director, Demand Generation
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
About this role
We are looking for a Demand Generation Director within our marketing function at SmithRx who will be responsible for laying the foundations of the demand generation function for our rapidly growing organization, which has doubled again in size this year for the fifth straight year. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the marketing team at a company with demonstrated growth velocity.
The core objective of this role is to develop, execute, and measure all lead generation marketing for SmithRx and drive qualified leads into the sales pipeline. You’ll know how to build single and multi-channel campaigns and be comfortable reporting the impact your measurable campaigns are having on the overall business trajectory.
The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions for getting in front of our key customer audience through a combination of content generation and distribution. You’ll be comfortable operating in an unstructured environment and learning as you experiment.
In this role, you will
- Oversees the development of targeted audiences in data-driven marketing campaigns
- Create engagement programs that show ROI-positive business results across channels such as: email, social media, web, events, newsletters, webinars, and blog posts (among others)
- Experiment with new channels and identify new approaches to existing channels that have not been explored previously by learning about our client audience
- Leverage what you learn to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy for SmithRx optimized to hit business performance goals
- Collaborate internally to help develop compelling content that resonates with our clients and speaks to SmithRx’s unique value proposition
- Manage SmithRx’s social media presence, blog, assist in developing white papers, and understand our customer personas
- Analyze data, set KPIs, and report on results including campaign performance and spend while having the ability to rapidly iterate
- Work closely with sales to optimize lead management and handoff through ongoing pipeline reviews
- Be a strategic partner to all stakeholders including peers across the sales and marketing orgs
- Oversee a marketing dashboard of key performance indicators.
- Consistently improve SmithRx’s processes and playbooks
- Dig into and operate software tools and systems like Salesforce and other sales, marketing and analytics platforms
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years in demand generation or top-of-funnel lead generation for B2B technology companies. Saas B2B experience highly desired
- Expertise in developing B2B top of funnel and finding and developing new audiences
- Experience developing and executing digital campaigns, including SEM, SEO, paid social, radio, print, etc.
- Maturity to succeed in a fast-moving, fluid environment as one of the first marketing team members at SmithRx
- Strong data analysis and reporting capabilities with the ability to track campaign performance and spend
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Salesforce, Hubspot, Pardot, Outreach
- San Francisco Bay Area-based candidates preferred.