Pharmacist Account Manager
Who We Are:
SmithRx’s mission is to radically transform healthcare delivery to improve patient lives. We are guided by our singular focus to be the Pharmacy Benefit partner of choice that offers our clients the best technology, unparalleled service, and a customizable product to improve the lives of patients.
Join the fast-growing venture-backed company that is tackling U.S. healthcare’s least-appreciated problem - pharmacy benefits. We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity. Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage. Embrace the challenge.
- Together. Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
The Customer Success Team is focused on helping SmithRx’s clients derive the full value of their PBM services. We build and manage effective relationships with our customers’ operational leadership, communicating the value of our services in the context of customers’ business goals with the goal of retaining high performing, satisfied customers. We identify risks to client satisfaction proactively and collaborate across product and operational lines to tenaciously pursue solutions and advocate for our clients.
As a Pharmacist Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the complete post-sale success and satisfaction of SmithRx customers via pharmacy benefit analysis and clinical consultation delivery. You will bring strong industry and product knowledge and serve as a trusted advisor and business partner for clinical pharmacy services for your client’s operational leadership. The role provides clinical support and enablement for SmithRx account management, clinical operations, and other internal departments. This individual is relied upon to provide proactive clinical recommendations, information regarding pharmacy trends, programs, and industry changes to clients and to foster consultative relationships.
What will you do:
- Collaborates with clients and account managers to evaluate client’s clinical program goals, including generic dispensing rate improvements, implementation of utilization management programs, improvement in medication adherence rates, improvements in therapy gaps for key chronic disease states, formulary compliance targets, and HEDIS and NCQA measures
- Provides superior clinical consultation and clinical account management with a focus on client satisfaction, client retention, and trend management
- Comprehends and effectively explains formulary and clinical programs value proposition to clients
- Recommend and implement clinical programs for clients to provide cost savings to clients and members.
- Stays current with market trends and provides clinical market intelligence to clients
- Communicates drug information to clients and responds to plan-specific clinical inquiries
- Collaborates with and provides guidance to account management on clinical aspects of client quarterly reviews (QBRs) – quarterly spend, trends, benchmark updates for pharmacy benefits
- Able to incorporate treatment and practice guidelines into client presentations including up-selling opportunities
Analyzes data and interprets drug benefit designs. Clearly communicates analytical and reporting needs to supporting departments
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor’s and Advanced Degree in Pharmacy, RPh or Pharm D
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license (any state)
- 5+ years of experience working as a licensed pharmacist
- 3+ years working knowledge of healthcare benefits, account management, pharmacy benefits, or commercial health insurance preferred
- 3+ years experience working in a client-facing role with external clients (beyond patients and prescribers) required
- Executive-level communication (including developing & delivering formal presentations) and interpersonal skills, required
- An obsession with customer experience and customer satisfaction
- A passion for solving difficult problems together in collaboration with the broader team
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Self-driven, results-oriented work ethic with a positive outlook
- Ability to take initiative with little to no direction
- Empathic communicator with a consultative approach, able to see things from other person's point of view
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities