Plan Operations Analyst
Join the fast-growing startup that is changing the conversation around pharmacy benefits.
Based in San Francisco, SmithRx was founded in 2016 to create a technology-driven and cost-competitive pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) that offers clients a flexible, customer-centric product. “Our focus is on building the next generation pharmacy benefits partner that enables choice, aligns incentives, and surfaces insights to improve care delivery,” says SmithRx Founder & CEO Jake Frenz. “Innovation has lagged in the PBM sector, and our team is dedicated to accelerating change.”
SmithRx administers and manages pharmacy benefits for plan sponsors so they may provide a seamless experience for employees purchasing prescription drugs. Each year, nearly half a trillion dollars flow through pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), with three large companies controlling 75%+ market share. SmithRx offers a new path forward that aligns incentives and harnesses data analytics to deliver an exceptional pharmacy benefit product.
Plan Operations Associate
SmithRx is looking for a Plan Operations Associate to join the company’s Customer Success team to support all core Plan Ops functions ensuring the high quality of the SmithRx product.
- Maintain platform configurations necessary for ongoing operations.
- Communicate project status, escalating issues when appropriate. Drive changes to improve workflow efficiency.
- Collaborate and provide support for member support and customer success teams.
- Collaborate with engineers on system enhancements to workflow automation.
- On engineering projects, become the subject matter go-to for plan/drug design configuration details.
- Understand and facilitate account structure, eligibility and accumulator requirements.
- Maintain plan data integrity through monitoring organization and structure of plan configurations.
- Validate system configurations for accuracy by monitoring inbound files from external partners.
- Monitor ongoing Engineering operations and provide troubleshooting support for our claims adjudication processes including eligibility, accumulators, and reporting.
- Support new trading partner integrations and client implementations.
- Partner closely with internal teams to support all processes during onboarding and maintenance of accounts by working cross-functionally to resolve key issues that may arise.
- Interface with trading partners surfacing issues and tracking outstanding work requests.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Healthcare and/or pharmacy experience strongly preferred
- Robust analytical skills; advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Basic level skill and experience with MySQL
- Strong communication skills via face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written correspondence
- Self-starter mentality: ability to make informed decisions, find creative approaches to difficult challenges, and deliver on commitments
- Execution-focused ethos - you are a solutions-oriented problem solver and efficiency driven
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to respond under the pressure of a fast-paced technology company