Technical Program Manager
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
The Engineering team at SmithRx is developing the next-generation modern pharmacy benefits management (PBM) platform that will change how companies administer and manage pharmacy benefits. Our unified technology platform provides real-time actionable insights that drives cost savings, powers clinical services and results in a brilliant customer experience. A unified technology platform exists nowhere else in the pharmacy benefit ecosystem to programmatically solve widespread deficiencies. SmithRx delivers unmatched service quality and operational efficiencies that exceeds all industry standards.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will play in key role in leveraging your deep technical expertise to partner with business owners and technical development teams in aligning business requirements into high quality technology outcomes to solve business problems and address customer needs. You help combine the business owners’ vision with technical feasibility and convert their business needs into technical specifications/user stories.
What you will do:
- Requirements Management and Program Execution:
- Convert complex business needs into actionable technical and functional specifications/user stories, and ensure continued alignment with business and technology drivers
- Provide scope and risk estimates for system and feature builds by building technical design documentation/ specifications using best practices including documenting, analyzing, tracing, and prioritizing
- Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Partner with the Program manager, engineering leads and architect in defining release plans that meet business needs, priority, and clarity for development teams
- Leverage deep technology, process, and domain expertise to drive execution across multiple interdependent projects within a program
- Customer Focus & Value Proposition
- Articulate the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and map them to busines requirements to minimize incremental cost of development
- Work with senior leadership to turn technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Ensure business requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Work alongside the engineering leadership team to establish and execute their technical programs
- Technical Domain Knowledge
- Utilize deep technical acumen and deeper familiarity with the nuances and inner workings of the engineering organization to assess whether engineering estimates are accurate and aligned to the technical specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and technical documentation, assure technical designs/ specifications meet business requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program/project management.
- 3 years of experience in software development, including experience in mobile application development.
- Experience with program management for projects that span multiple teams in geographically disparate locations.
- Experience commercializing technical product launches and comfortable conversing on technical topics and products.
- Knowledge in security and privacy.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with multiple levels including executive leadership team, managers, and junior staff.
- Experience working with engineering, non-engineering teams, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities